Monday, August 22, 2011

China Glaze Meteor Shower

Hello! I hope you're having a good day (I know it's Monday) today. Technically, I am still on hiatus until Friday at least but today is a special day for me so I wanted to write a post today.

Today is my birthday! Why was it so hard to type that. I tried quite a few times before I could get it out. Today was all about "It's my birthday and I'll ___ if I want to."

Anyway, I was going to wear Chanel Peridot and post that (because it's my birthstone), but last week I filed my nails down because I had a couple of peels and it made my nails pretty thin. I am saving Peridot until my nails are 100% again.

China Glaze Meteor Shower is gorgeous and worthy of the birthday post. I got a few compliments while wearing it, which doesn't happen often, so I know I wasn't the only one who loved it.

I did 2-3 coats (can't remember) with about 2-3 layers of top coat. It's gritty, so if you have Gelous (which I need), you might want to use it. It looks better when it's completely smooth. The glitter ate the topcoat over a couple of days so you'd probably have to add more when it's noticeable.














Artificial lighting




Shiny & Matte
(with China Glaze Matte Magic)

If you don't have this, and you like glitter and/or blue, YOU NEED THIS. If only China Glaze would make a red one. I would be all over it in less than a Mississippi second.

I will be back in less than a week! Can't believe I'm finishing my first year already. When I'm back, I'll have a contest and some surprises, maybe ;)

Happy Monday, guys. I hope this blue kicks the hell out of your Monday blues (:

19 comments:

  1. Happy Birfday!!!!

    I love this one too. You made it look very delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy B-Day! :)

    Meteor Shower is an awesome polish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh, gorgeous on you! I have it, I got it for Christmas last year from Jess, thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! And another polish I crave. So beautiful, both shiny and matte.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!

    Meteor Shower looks great. I prefer the shiny version, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is soooo pretty but yes - it's a topcoat eater like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday and the polish is absolutely stunning I need to find a way to franken this

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this polish! This is the first time I have seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! I'm almost late.
    I like this polish, and with the matt finish looks cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday!

    Meteor Shower is gorgeous! I never bought this when it came out because all the reviews said it was so bumpy, but now that I know the Gelous trick, I might have to get it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous mani for your birthday. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday! You my dear have just created a new lemming for me! Gorgeous polish

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know why I never said Happy B'day on your blog. D'oh.

    So Happy B'day. Hope it was a good one.

    Meteor Shower is on my wish list. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday!! You have gorgeous nails. And that is o e pretty polish!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy birthday girl and I hope your nails will get better :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't remember my Meteor Shower looking like this! I'll have to pull it out and try again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. loodie - Thank you! <3

    Biba - Thank you! Yes it is :D

    Nicole - Thank you (: I'm glad you have it. It's awesome :D

    Madita - Thank you! You need to get it ASAP!

    marox79 - Thank you! I think it looks better shiny (and completely smooth) too!

    Deborah - I wish I had Gelous when I wore it!

    Lendoxia - Thank you! I'll be waiting to see your franken! :D

    Amber - Really?! :O I can't remember whose swatch made me buy it but I think it was Scrangie. Always her. Haha.

    Marian - Nah, it's never too late. Thank you!

    Madeline - Thank you! You HAVE to get it!

    Trixie - Thank you! This mani was from awhile ago :D

    The Nail Buff - Thank you! I have always wanted to be an enabler! You're welcome/sorry ;)

    Lisa - Haha thank you! It was! I hope you had a good one too! Fulfill this lemming ASAP!

    Polarbelle - Thank you! :D

    MissDoll - Thank you! My nails are much better now. They just need to grow out from being nubbins (:

    kitty - Maybe you need more topcoat! It doesn't look good AT ALL without topcoat!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each and every comment (in fact, I check obsessively), and I really appreciate every comment given!

Please do not leave your link in a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, send me an e-mail! (: