Sunday, January 2, 2011

Glitters on white

(Picture heavy)

I just realised that this post would've had 13 photos, but I think I'll split it. The best I could do was 10 in one post and the rest.. in another post.

(I'm typing this as I watch a Swedish film dubbed in English, The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. I'm 'learning' to make meatballs. Wet your fingers before rolling and always counter-clockwise. Maybe I won't have to go to Ikea for meatballs now.)

After a couple of days, my hands got itchy, but I wasn't ready to take China Glaze White on White off yet. So, I decided to layer something on it. But I couldn't decide on just one thing to layer on it. So I went with as many things as I could find.

Today I'll show you what I had on my left hand, because what I had on my right hand was completely different. I had 5 coats of China Glaze White on White and an uncountable amount of glitter on each nail. All photos were taken in artificial light.

L-R: OPI Show It & Glow It, Elianto Glitter Silver, China Glaze Party Hearty (here on white), OPI Simmer & Shimmer.


Blurred to show the sparkles.

I think I just saw an Ikea clock in the background of the movie!

Now for the individual pictures, because they were way too pretty to pass up.

First I tried OPI Show It & Glow It as a tip.


Then I decided I wanted a gradient instead.

Everything I wrote about OPI Show It & Glow It is here.

Elianto Glitter Silver is small mostly square, some rectangular and some irregular silver glitter with silver micro glitter which could've been tiny pieces of the larger glitter that broke off. Everything else I wrote about this polish can be found here (note that this was while I was still using the .png format on my photos, so loading might take awhile)

China Glaze Party Hearty (large hexagonal red glitter, medium hexagonal green glitter, small hexagonal gold glitter and small square glitter). I decided not to do a gradient with this one because I liked it like this. I wish I had a dress like this, white with sequined hem.

The same thing happened with OPI Simmer & Shimmer as with Show It & Glow It. I didn't do a full mani with S&S, so I don't have a link to that.

OPI Simmer & Shimmer has mostly blue, silver, gold, orange, pink and green hexagonal glitter, with smaller blue &silver/gold square glitter


Okay that was long. The movie just ended. It was great! Although there were some parts I didn't really get because I wasn't paying attention, because I was trying to type this post.

Day #2 of 2011, so far, so good. Hopefully the rest of this year will be great (:  Have you guessed my current polish yet?

6 comments:

  1. Love the combination on your index and pinkie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, gradient Show it & Glow it really takes the prize in my opinion. although the silver combination is really cool too! Very nice! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the colour on your pinkie:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sylvia - Thanks (:

    Ulmiel - The silver one is a bit more wintery. Happy new year to you too! (:

    kiva - It's one of my favourites too. I had to have it when it was released (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great gradient experiment! I love how they look like on white. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is a chance you're qualified to get a $250 IKEA Gift Card.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each and every comment (in fact, I check obsessively), and I really appreciate every comment given!

Please do not leave your link in a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, send me an e-mail! (: