Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Clown?

Okay okay, this will be my last completely football post for awhile. I hope. I just couldn't resist mentioning something!

Anyway, I was on tumblr again and I found this. I don't speak or read Spanish, so I don't know what exactly is being said here, but according to Google Translate, the words in yellow at the bottom of the screen are "you know you're doing the clown". Which I think meant something like "you're making a fool of yourself"? I don't know. If any of you speak/read Spanish, could you please provide a proper translation for me?

Image from here.

I don't know to what extent this is true, whether or not David Villa actually said this to Cristiano Ronaldo, but.. I wouldn't know what to say if it were true. Who knows what players say to each other when they're on the field? I wish I knew. And I wish I spoke Spanish.

I'll leave you with some statistics from FIFA.com. The next post will have polish, I promise!

5 unanswered goals on Monday evening gave Barcelona their fifth consecutive Clásico victory, the first time either side has managed this feat since Real Madrid won five in a row in 1965 during the club’s heyday. It was the first time in almost 17 years that the Catalans had beaten their old rivals in such resounding fashion, and the first time in Jose Mourinho’s entire coaching career that he had lost by a margin greater than three goals. The defeat continued Mourinho’s record of never having won at the Camp Nou in six attempts, while also ending an unbeaten streak in all competitions for Real that stretched back 26 matches to 10 April, when Barça were again their conquerors. Although the match halted the remarkable scoring streaks of Lionel Messi, who has still never scored against a team coached by Mourinho, and Cristiano Ronaldo, who has yet to open his account against Barcelona, the little Argentinian did manage nine successful dribbles – the most by any player in a single La Liga match this season. Xavi also excelled, completing a season-high 110 passes despite being substituted in the game’s closing stages. It was a night to forget, meanwhile, for Real captain Iker Casillas, who conceded his 36th Clásico goal to set a new record, surpassing Barcelona legend Juan Velasco.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, he said "Know that you're a clown." Valdes also said "Let's go, let's go, imbecile," meaning let's fight. All Cris said throughout was "Didn't you see what he (Pep) did?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.. Thanks for clarifying that. It's hard to know what to make of the situation when you don't know what they are saying to each other. I hope David meant it in a helpful kinda way, and not in a hostile way.

    Valdes.. picking a fight is almost never a good idea. Maybe some of the Barcelona players were blinded by their jersey color?

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each and every comment (in fact, I check obsessively), and I really appreciate every comment given!

Please do not leave your link in a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, send me an e-mail! (: