Wednesday, October 27, 2010

October Nails

Sorry for not posting for so long, there were a few complications, which of course, includes the weather. The weather now sucks. For taking photos anyway. The temperature is great, not too hot, not too cold. But it's cloudy. No rain, no sun, just cloudy. And it's so boring! Boring weather :/

Anyway since October is Breast Cancer Awareness month AND Depression Awareness month, I decided to do a pink and green mani! (as I am typing this, I am on the way to ruining my current nails ): ). 

I would have been able to post this sooner, actually, if I hadn't taken a picture of the wrong bottle. I accidentally took one of Skin Food's green instead of Barry M. And I really do like the Skin Food brushes. Sometimes I like them more than China Glaze's brushes. Take that, China Glaze. Take that, White on White!

I feel like I need to punish my camera somehow. It can't even get the color of China Glaze Four Leaf Clover right! It looks very turquoise-y here, but I assure you, this is the brightest a green like this can get before turning into a neon. It's SO GREEN. It's the definition of green. It's just a bright green. Like the one you would get in a box of poster paints. I don't know how else to describe it, but it's just plain green. And it also stains like a bitch.
Barry M's Mint Green gave me some problems last time I tried to use it, but it was okay this time. Skin Food's I-can't-find-a-name-anywhere-on-the-bottle pink. It's bordering on red. Everyone thought I was wearing red, when it was really pink.

The sun refused to show up, so I had to take some pictures in the shade. 


My left hand! (:

I think this was when the sun was playing hide-and-seek with me.

Pinky & middle finger: Four Leaf Clover
Ring finger & thumb: Skin Food
Index finger: Mint Green

Sun!
(I must've accidentally hit my ring fingernail on something)

Just... pretend that that color that's supposed to look like Four Leaf Clover actually does look like it.

October is coming to an end, and November begins (of course, what else is after October?)! Which also means that after the 10th day of November, I'll be free! My exams start on the 1st of November and end on the 10th. Can't you come any faster, 10th? I also have the worst exam day on the 10th, because I have two papers, Psychology and Chemistry (ew), and the first one starts at 7am! That's what happens when your exams come from a place in a different time zone. 

I forgot to mention, I am currently on study leave. One week of staying at home to study. Yay ):

Another piece of good news, I've finally finished cleaning my room! I like this neatness, I wonder how long it will last? My polishes now have a new home.. From being in a container on my messy desk to being in a drawer of my Swedish (i.e. Ikea) drawers! And it's white. I like white. Unfortunately, China Glaze's White on White is a NIGHTMARE! But more on that later. 

How is/was your October? Are you celebrating Halloween?

2 comments:

  1. What a great mani! Barry M is very lovely, I have to get some into my collection!

    Wish you all the luck with your exams, I have my exams in January, hope it'll never come. :D

    You should show us your nail polish collection and their new home. :)

    Here we don't celebrate Halloween, well some of them put a pumpkin on the window and we have wnb Hallowen Paries, but that's it. :) I'm really not into it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! (: You should get some! I only have 4, but I wish I had more!

    Thanks again. Good luck with your exams! They'll be over before you know it ;)

    My collection is very small.. ):

    I don't really celebrate Halloween either, sometimes I hear about a party or two, or some people go clubbing, but I'm a good girl. I don't go clubbing ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I read each and every comment (in fact, I check obsessively), and I really appreciate every comment given!

Please do not leave your link in a comment. If you want me to check out your blog, send me an e-mail! (: